Points of Pride:
- Teachers willing to go above and beyond. Teachers hold homework help sessions and general help sessions outside of regular class time…before school, during lunch, and after school programs.
- Data-driven school improvement process to drive increased student achievement.
- Comprehensive ACT/MME Prep as part of English 11 course…including online preparation.
- Special academic programs: Lifetymes literacy grant, MSU Algebra teaching grant, Criterion, Collins Writing Program, Science Inquiry Learning
- Character Education and associated activities...Caring Cans, Angel Tree, Spartan Sparkle, etc.
- #2 FFA Program in the United States. #1 FFA Program in the state of Michigan. Nationally recognized Agriscience Department.
- Student Council events and activities: Homecoming, Winterfest, Breast Cancer Awareness
- NHS and associated activities: tutoring, blood drive, volunteering, highway cleanup
- Performing Arts programs: Including award winning marching and concert bands, Varsity and Girl’s Choir programs, Spring musical and drama club, Art Club.
- High Achieving AP Programs: English and Biology
- Athletics: 13 MHSAA Varsity sports
- Freshmen Mentoring Program
- Quiz Busters/Quiz Bowl teams
People of Character do the right thing, even if no one else does, not because they think it will change the world, but because they refuse to be changed by the world.
Principal of Curriculum & Instruction 6-12
Secondary Administrator 6-12