Springport Area Foundation for Education
Dear Friends, Family, or anyone wishing to help students continue their education:
S.A.F.E. was founded to fulfill a dream. A group of dedicated Springport residents established a non-profit foundation to award scholarships to Springport graduates.
We believe this foundation will provide a positive means for individuals to honor and memorialize a departed loved one. You may also pay tribute to someone still living with a donation. All donations are welcome and greatly appreciated.
With your continued support this foundation will surely grow and have a positive impact on the lives of many Springport graduates.
Springport Area Foundation for Education is the official name of this corporation. The Springport Area Foundation for Education will administer the account by this name.
S.A.F.E. is a self perpetuating foundation. The funds of this foundation are to be raised by donations. 90% of the investment income will be distributed as scholarships and/or grants annually. The remaining 10% earned income will be added to the fund balance. Grants and/or enrichment projects are limited to 10% of the distributed earned income with a limit of $1,000.00 per year.
S.A.F.E. is not a part of the Springport Public Schools. S.A.F.E. is an independent 501C-3 corporation.
The purpose of this foundation is to help young people pursue goals through higher education. Scholarships and grants will be rewarded to deserving Springport graduates that show a sincere desire to succeed.
FUNDING AND SUPPORT
Monies for sustaining this scholarship will come from:
A. Gifts and all donations for honoring, and memorials; all gifts, stocks, real estate, etc. will be gratefully accepted.
B. Named Scholarship- A donation of $10,000.00 or more offers the opportunity for the donor to have a scholarship established in their name or their honored person.
C. Donors reaching the following amounts will have their names posted annually in the display case.
* up to $249.00 - White
* $450.00 - $999.00 - Blue
* $1,000.00 - $9,999.00 - Silver
* $10,000.00 & up - Gold
A public report of the audit of this foundation will be given at least once a year.
HOW TO DONATE
All donations and gifts are welcome. They are tax deductible and records are open to the public.
A. Donations may be given in Memory of anyone you name.
B. Donations may be given to Honor anyone you name.
C. Donations may be made anonymously.
D. Please indicate the way you prefer your name(s) to be listed.
E. Please make checks payable to:
P.O. Box 83
You may make gifts anonymously. They do not have to be made in memory or in honor of anyone. ALL GIFTS ARE GREATLY APPRECIATED! There is no minimum or maximum amount.
If you have additional questions regarding this foundation, please contact any member of the Board of Directors.
BOARD OF DIRECTORS
- Cindy Adams
- Tom Betz
- Patti Dack
- Billy Duggan
- Bill Hammond
- John Hammond
- Susan Heisler
- Bud Lake
- Joni Ledvina
- John Lincer
- Roland Pakonen
- Sherie Prine
- Sherri Rybicki
- Janis Sanford
- Katina McKibbin
- Jill Cline