SPRINGPORT PUBLIC SCHOOLS
GOLDEN APPLE AWARD
Each spring, the Board of Education awards an individual, or individuals, with the District's most prestigious award, the Golden Apple. Recipients are nominated by their co-workers, and then voted upon by the administrative team.
The recipient is then presented with the Golden Apple Award at the May Board of Education meeting, in front of family, friends and co-workers.
Our past winners are:
2019 JEFF BRENNER
2018 TOM DYER
2017 MISSY KEELER
2016 DELORES HAWKINS
|Matt Schwartzkopf 2015||Steve Van Winkle, 2014|
|Brenda Wood, 2013||Katie Konkel 2012|
|Kristy Dickinson, 2011||Carolyn Hisler, 2010|
- Mannes Todd Overweg, 2009
- Lorna Gonzalez and Fran Kenton 2008
- Sally Wurst, Denise Tomasello and Lisa Overweg, 2007
- Jill Cline, 2006 Rex Carter, Chris Kregel, 2005
- Tina Thurow, Polly Pakonen, Judy Kidder 2004
- Jackie Hector, Pat Henne, 2003
- Judy Kingsley, Carol Spanninga 2002
- Doreen Woods and Veronica Cockroft 2001
- Jill Good and Rebecca Ethridge 2000
- Leona Keeler, John Lincer, Dave Lutzka 1999
- Kathy Carpenter, Robert Nelson, Sally Zimmerman and Chris Talbot 1998
- Melissa Johnston and Michelle Mead 1997
In order to recognize employees of the Springport Public School District for outstanding performance, the following program has been adopted:
“Golden Apple” awards will be presented to employees each year under the following conditions:
1. Awards will be presented to employees whose behavior over a period of time, or during a specific brief episode is significantly above and beyond
that which is expected.
2. Employees must have completed at least three years of service with the Springport Public Schools to qualify. Under extraordinary circumstances,
the three years of service criteria may be waived to recognize a specific, brief episode of outstanding performance.
3. Eligible employees may be nominated by a fellow staff member, administrative staff member, or any member of the community.
4. A selection committee consisting of the administrative team shall meet to review the nominees and make the selections.
5. The recipients will be recognized at the regular Board of Education meeting and presented with the “Golden Apple”.
6. Recipients will receive a letter of commendation from the superintendent of schools and a copy of the commendation letter will be place in that employee’s file.